HJRFC Vacancy: Community Coach
We are looking for coaches who have enthusiasm, drive and commitment with the ability to motivate, challenge and develop of youth rugby within the local communities in the West End of Glasgow.
Hillhead Jordanhill RFC currently support over 60 minis age group players and have over 30 girls playing secondary school youth rugby. Our secondary schools’ boys age grade compete as Hills rugby in the Barbarian conference in a venture with Jordanhill and other local secondary schools.
The position is with Hills working in partnership with Scottish Rugby, Glasgow Life, and local secondary and primary schools in the community to grow rugby participation in schools and then at Hills. The ideal candidates will be committed, hands on, and a have good club and working ethos. Applicants will also have a dynamic, hardworking personality and a passion to develop players. Working closely with the Club President and Committee to develop, support, communicate and deliver a thriving positive rugby environment/
Applicants should have:
- Played (or are playing) rugby; or have experience coaching, experience coaching other sports will be considered
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A proactive self-starter with a flexible approach to work
- Communicate effectively throughout the club and local schools
- To effectively and enthusiastically plan all training sessions and matches
- Preferably a UKCC Level 1 or UKCC level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent are desirable however the Club will support candidates in achieving required qualifications.
This post is considered to be Regulated Work with children and vulnerable adults in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007 and a PVG is therefore required.
This position is offered on the basis that the successful applicant will be a self-employed person. Holidays shall be expected to be taken during school holiday periods unless otherwise agreed.
Remuneration: The post is on a self-employed basis at £12.50 per hour up to a maximum of 150 hours in a season.
How to apply
Application is by CV with a covering letter of no more than 500 words, outlining why you feel you are suitable for the position and should be submitted by email to HJRFC Club Secretary Andy Scott at email@example.com.
To discuss the role further please don’t hesitate to contact:
Gary Kitchener – 07711 344 697
Andy Scott – 07528 385 467
Closing Date: Friday 19th June 2020
Interviews Start Date: Monday 22nd June 2020