We are looking for a coach who has enthusiasm, drive and commitment with the ability to motivate, challenge and develop girls rugby at the club, with a specific focus on the U18s.
Hillhead Jordanhill RFC support over 30 players and are working closely with Glasgow Life and SRU to promote girls rugby in Glasgow. Our women’s section currently play in Tennents Premiership and include many former players form our youth program.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the girls’ coaching team, playing programme and development of both players and teams. Working closely with the Vice President of Women’s Rugby and Club Committee to develop, support, communicate and deliver a thriving positive rugby environment.
Applicants should have:
- UKCC Level 2 desirable, however club will support up and coming coaches to achieve the appropriate qualifications
- Experience as a club or school coach and previous involvement in the development of talented players
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and motivate players
- Work with the women’s coaching team to ensure continuity and a clear pathway between junior and senior rugby
- To effectively and enthusiastically plan all training sessions and matches
- Design and execute training which is effective and relevant to the player and squad development and goals
- To work with coaches, volunteers and club committee to achieve the best outcomes for the club.
Remuneration: This is a voluntary role, kit, and assistance with travel expenses and coaching qualifications will be available.
How to apply
Application is by CV with a covering letter of no more than 500 words, outlining why you feel you are suitable for the position and should be submitted by email to HJRFC Club Secretary Andy Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org (click/tap link or copy and paste into new email).
To discuss the role further please don’t hesitate to contact:
Hannah McHugh – Hannah.C.M@hotmail.com (click/tap link or copy and paste into new email)
Andy Scott – 07528 385 467.
Closing Date: Friday 19th June 2020
Interviews Start Date: Monday 22nd June 2020